EcoSmart Building Energy Solutions, (“ESBES”) respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what Personally Identifiable” Information (“PII”) we may collect, and how we might use this information. ESBES is an energy efficiency consulting company, providing our clients with solutions designed to match their business needs.
We do not use techniques that collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
Collection and use of personal data
Our site’s operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as “company.com” or “service.ca” and the IP address of the computer accessing the Web site, such as “PPP -55?;
- The type of browser (such as “Chrome version x” or “Internet Explorer version x”) you are using;
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix or Windows);
- The date and time you visit our site and the Web pages you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous Web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another Web site.
ESBES uses this information for statistical analysis, to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected.
We may use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor. A cookie is a piece of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. So, when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to provide you with a more meaningful visit and to measure Web site activity. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Browsers such as Google Chrome allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
In addition, the information you supply will be used by ESBES to respond to your inquiries or to supply you with requested information. Authorized third parties may be utilized by ESBES to collect, track and process such information.
Disclosure of information
We will not sell nor trade any PII obtained via the ESBES Website. PII may be disclosed to third parties in the event:
- When we have your express consent to share such information;
- We need to share your information to provide a specific product or service you have requested;
- To share the information with companies, partners of ESBES to provide a product or service to you. (Please know that whenever we share your PII with our trusted business partners, they work under confidentiality agreements. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or for risk management purposes;
- To establish or exercise ESBES’s legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
Storage of Information
Links & Third Party Applications
We may provide, and the ESBES Website may contain, links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share ESBES’s high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other sites.
Questions or Suggestions